EPISODE 2: An Interview with David Wilt, who discusses cargo theft prevention. David is the Global Supply Chain Security Manager at Xerox and former Chairman of the Board for TAPA US, and the U.S. Maritime Resource Center Board of Advisors. Host, George Wheeler, Director of Operations at ShadowTrack 24/7.
OVERVIEW: David has been with Xerox for nearly 25 years, focusing on supply chain security since 2005. He has been instrumental throughout the industry in helping to educate organizations about industry best practices and standards. In this episode, David talks about:
- Cross industry supply chain security.
- How you can benefit from best practices of any industry's supply chain security program.
- How Supply Chain Security Managers working with IT for cyber crimes that impact the supply chain or aid in the theft of cargo.
- Utilizing GPS tracking, especially since the cost of covert tracking has dramatically reduced over the past 8 years.
- Benefits of joining organizations such as Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA).
- How to get leadership buy-in for a cargo security program, especially if your organization hasn't experienced a cargo theft.
- And much more ...
With David's experience, he is able to articulate very well on any topic regarding supply chain security. David provides valuable and practical information that you can use to help your organization raise awareness to cargo theft and what steps to take to prevent cargo theft from happening in your supply chain. A big takeaway form this discussion: "Embed security into your business processes."