EPISODE 1: An Interview with JJ Coughlin, Principal Owner of Corporate Security Solutions - Texas, Chairman of the Southwest Transportation Security Council, and author of "Cargo Crime: Security and Theft Prevention." Host, George Wheeler, Director of Operations at ShadowTrack 24/7.
OVERVIEW: JJ joined the corporate and private sector after a 21 year career with the Dallas Police Department. He has been instrumental throughout the industry in helping people network to share information about cargo theft. During our discussion, JJ talks about:
- What it was like coming out of the Dallas Police Department and joining corporate security as the Regional Security Manager for a Logistics Organization and not having access to the same information.
- Who is responsible to drive the sharing of cargo theft information within the industry.
- What can corporate security teach the law enforcement sector?
- How do organizations such as the SouthWest Transportation Security Council benefit the industry and individual corporations?
- How would a person or group of people start a cargo theft security council to benefit their region or country?
- What can my organization do to prevent cargo theft?
- What information do I need to provide the Police in the event of a cargo theft?
- And much more ...
JJ is great at sharing information and provides valuable and practical information that you can use to help your organization raise awareness to cargo theft and what steps to take to prevent cargo theft from happening in your supply chain. My favorite line from JJ during this discussion: "If your recovery program is calling 911, you're going to have a very failed program."