David Wilt and I recently shared a recorded discussion on cargo theft prevention. David is the Global Supply Chain Security Manager at Xerox and former Chairman of the Board for TAPA US, and the US Maritime Resource Center Board of Advisors.
David has been with Xerox about 25 years focusing on supply chain since 2005. He has been instrumental throughout the industry in helping to educate organizations about industry best practices and standards. During our discussion, David talks about:
- Cross industry supply chain security. How you can benefit from best practices of any industry's supply chain security program.
- How are Supply Chain Security Managers working with IT for cyber crimes that impact the supply chain or aid in the theft of cargo?
- Why aren't all industry's utilizing GPS tracking even though the cost of covert tracking has dramatically reduced over the past 8 years?
- The benefits of joining organizations such as Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA).
- How do you get leadership buy-in for a cargo security program, especially if your organization hasn't experienced a cargo theft.
- And much more...
With David's experience, he is able to articulate very well on any topic regarding supply chain security. I know will get value from this discussion. As with my discussion with JJ, David provides valuable and practical information that you can use to help your organization raise awareness to cargo theft and what steps to take to prevent cargo theft from happening in your supply chain. A big takeaway form this discussion was, "Embed security into your business processes".
The Cargo Theft Awareness Videos are sponsored by ShadowTrack 24/7, SouthWest Transportation Security Council (SWTSC), SouthEast Transportation Security Council (SETSC), Pharmaceutical Cargo Security Coalition (PCSC), MidWest Cargo Security Council, and International Crisis Room 360 (ICR360). If you haven't already registered to receive the video series on Cargo Theft Awareness, you can register using the following link: http://www.shadowtrack247.com/video-series
If you have already registered you will receive video's from this series automatically in your inbox.
Thank you David Wilt for sharing your time and expertise and thank you for watching the Cargo Theft Awareness Video Series. I hope you get a lot of value from the discussions in these videos. If you have any questions you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.