At a recent NICB Conference, I was able to have a discussion with Robert Hastings, President of Hastings Investigations & Consulting and Chairman of the SouthEast Transportation Security Council (SETSC)and John Cannon, Special Agent in Charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) Major Theft Unit.
During this discussion we talked about cargo theft awareness from a cargo theft investigation's point of view. Both Bob and John conduct cargo theft investigations, but this is a great conversation because John speaks from the Law Enforcement perspective and Bob works very close with John but works direct with the Insurance and Trucking Industries. During this video you will learn:
- What your organization can do to assist a cargo theft investigation
- Key components to an effective cargo theft investigation
- Biggest challenges that investigators have when investing cargo theft
- How Cargo Thieves are adapting to the security measures that companies are using in their cargo in-transit
- Case Studies from actual Cargo Theft investigations
- And much more...
This is a great discussion because of the knowledge that Bob and John have about cargo theft. I appreciated the question/answer discussion and the sharing of their experience as well as the case studies from actual investigations. Bob and John provide valuable and practical information that you can use to help your organization raise awareness to cargo theft and what steps to take to prevent cargo theft from happening in your supply chain. I had a couple big takeaways from this discussion:
- What makes cargo theft investigations successful today is the level of information that is being shared between law enforcement, insurance and corporate industries.
- "Know your cargo thieves." This was a great part of the discussion that most people would never think of.
The Cargo Theft Awareness Videos are sponsored by Pharmaceutical Cargo Security Coalition (PCSC), Southeast Transportation Security Council (SETSC), Southwest Transportation Security Council (SWTSC), MidWest Cargo Security Council, ShadowTrack 24/7 and International Crisis Room 360 (ICR360). If you haven't already registered to view the video series on Cargo Theft Awareness, you can register using the following link: http://www.shadowtrack247.com/video-series
If you have already registered, you will receive links to new episodes for the videos from this series automatically in your inbox.
Thank you, Bob Hastings and John Cannon, for sharing your time and expertise. And thank you for watching the Cargo Theft Awareness Video Series. I hope you get a lot of value from the discussions in these videos. If you have any questions you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.