I recently had a recorded discussion with JJ Coughlin, Principal Owner of Corporate Security Solutions - Texas, Chairman of the Southwest Transportation Security Council, and Author of Cargo Crime: Security and Theft Prevention.
JJ joined the corporate and private sector after a 21 year career with the Dallas Police Department. He has been instrumental throughout the industry in helping people network to share information about cargo theft. During our discussion, JJ talks about:
- What it was like coming out of the Dallas Police Department and joining corporate security as the Regional Security Manager for a Logistics Organization and not having access to the same information.
- Who is responsible to drive the sharing of cargo theft information within the industry.
- What can corporate security teach the law enforcement sector?
- How do organizations such as the SouthWest Transportation Security Council benefit the industry and individual corporations?
- How would a person or group of people start a cargo theft security council to benefit their region or country?
- What can my organization do to prevent cargo theft?
- What information do I need to provide the Police in the event of a cargo theft?
- And much more
JJ is great at sharing information and provides valuable and practical information that you can use to help your organization raise awareness to cargo theft and what steps to take to prevent cargo theft from happening in your supply chain. My favorite line from JJ during this discussion was, "If your recovery program is calling 911, you're going to have a very failed program".
The Cargo Theft Awareness Videos are sponsored by ShadowTrack 24/7, SouthWest Transportation Security Council (SWTSC), SouthEast Transportation Security Council (SETSC), Pharmaceutical Cargo Security Coalition (PCSC), MidWest Cargo Security Council, and International Crisis Room 360 (ICR360). If you haven't already registered to receive the video series on Cargo Theft Awareness, you can register using the following link: http://www.shadowtrack247.com/video-series
If you have already registered you will receive video's from this series automatically in your inbox.
Thank you JJ Coughlin for sharing your time and expertise and thank you for watching the Cargo Theft Awareness Video Series. I hope you get a lot of value from the discussions in these videos. If you have any questions you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. On a side note; I have no idea what happened to my hair in this video.